WHO CAN VOLUNTEER?
- We accept volunteers of all experience levels.
- Volunteers should be at least 18 years of age.
- Children between the ages of 14 and 18 are required to have a parent or guardian with them at all times.
- School classes, 4-H clubs, Girl and Boy Scout Troops, etc. may apply to volunteer for a one-day project. Each group is required to have one adult supervisor per four youth. Please contact us to discuss.
Can my company, organization or club volunteer together?
Yes, please contact our office by email or phone at (815) 900-0430 to discuss a potential farm help day. Group projects include fence and building repair or building new, general property and barn clean-up, horse grooming, etc.
What do volunteers do?
We are always looking for fun team players to join us on the farm! No matter what chores we are doing, we have a good time! Contact us to schedule a visit! Below are some of the things we do together with volunteers:
BARN CHORES – There is ALWAYS a list of barn chores such as cleaning stalls, washing water buckets, organizing the tack room or blankets, etc. You might be surprised how satisfying it is to get the barn cleaned up or the tack room organized or winter blankets sorted. Volunteers experienced with horses can help us with turnout/in and feeding as well.
HORSE CARE – Ponies need grooming, sometimes, bath, mane braiding and other fun interaction every week. So there is always a horse looking for someone to give them a spa day!
PROPERTY CHORES – In our efforts to keep the farm safe and sanitary, we utilize volunteers to help with projects such as fence repair, harrowing of horse pastures, horse shelter and barn repair, building of additional horse pens and pastures, and more. These projects can be completed by an individual or a group of volunteers who enjoy outdoor farm work and seeing the results of their hard work firsthand!
Gardening/landscaping projects always abound on such a large property including mowing, planting flowers, placing gravel and lime in lots, designing patios and new areas. Donations of plants and flowers are always welcome! This can be a great activity for large work groups that are looking for a day-long projects.
lastly, we utilize a number of vehicles here at the farm for a variety of daily activities. We are always looking for people with mechanical backgrounds who can help maintain our pick-up trucks, tractor, and horse trailers.
We are always looking to expand our reach to grow our organization. we have needs for the following(some of these positions include Board position opportunities as well):
- Social Media Manager – help us promote the organization and share updates via multiple social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Volunteer Coordinator – help us grow our volunteer corps, manage volunteer activities on site, coordinate large volunteer days, provide orientation, etc
- Event Coordination and Volunteers – help staff our events, show attendance and identify other opportunities to attend other’s events and create new events we can host. Lots of creativity needed but lots of opportunities to help us grow!
- Fundraising Coordination – help us identify and manage our fundraising efforts throughout the year
- Application Review – help us process applicants, reviewing applications, contacting references, initial application engagement, coordinating homevisits
If you would be interested in volunteering, please use the form below to tell us more about yourself.